Sunday, November 13, 2011

Before I Go

Just a quick one.Those of us in the cruising/boating game are aware of a strange part of our fraternity who like..wooden boats.They accept us to a degree but sneer at our fibreglass hulls,calling them chlorox bottles and other such things.Despite the fact that they have to deal with dry rot ,toredo worms etc. they stick with it masochistically (did I just make up a word?).  We have to admit that their vessels are usually majestic looking artifacts, usually with an interesting history.We admire their dedication and craftmanship,which of course they have to have to keep the bloody things floating!.
One such person is my " little" brother John,who I included a photo of a couple of blogs ago.Unfortunately the photo was a ' before' so I will now post,hopefully, the after and another during and unfotunately I don't have a photo of the lovely Whampoa in the whole but she is beautiful.Which is more than I can say about her captain.
PS.The time it took me to work out how to get that after pic out of the zip file(whatever that is )and on to this page.....I could have cut down a few trees and built a wooden boat.
PPPS And then out of the ether comes a pic of Whampoa.

1 comment:

  1. Tell John we still make his BBQ'd jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese. Sharon & Andrew ex Paragon

    ReplyDelete